Monday, May 13, 2013

Jumping on the Quinoa Train!

I'm slowly attempting to change my diet.  So of course one of the fads right now seems to be quinoa!  I bought my very first bag of quinoa today at Trader Joe's and decided to dive right into the world of Quinoa. 

Beware one bag cooked A LOT.  OF COURSE I dumped the whole bag in.  The lil quinoa's looked so small I thought I needed it all.  Hopefully I can keep the leftovers in the fridge and try a new creation tomorrow. 

Today I want to do a berry quinoa muffin bite.  Basically I've been looking for a quick snack that I can eat on my way from work to my evening workouts.  Stopping at Burger King for a dollar burger just doesn't seem like a smart idea anymore!!

My muffin tin is for 24 lil muffin bites.  Since I had so much quinoa I kind of guesstimated how much quinoa to use. 

I put in 2 cups Quinoa, healthy pour of Egg white mixture (got this at Trader Joe's thought this was just egg whites then saw it's 99% eggs or something, next time I want egg whites only!!),  teasopoon of baking soda and teaspoon of vanilla extract, a good helping of blue berries and then I noticed some blackberries in the freezer so added those in for good measure.  Oh and of course some Agave Nectar for some extra sweetness! 

Somehow I actually managed to measure out the exact right amount for the muffin pan!







I plan on taking some of these to work with me so I'll have a quick energy snack before the Chick's Night Fun Run at Fleet Feet followed by Girl's Night Out.


Voila!  Send me your favorite quinoa recipes!  I'm ready to try some more!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment